Lenco was founded in 1946 in the Swiss Burgdorf by the couple Fritz and Marie Laeng. Fascinated by sound technology, the Swiss Fritz Laeng started an electrical business in 1925 and his wife, Marie, became the driving force. The couple started a small factory, based on the production of turntables. The famous name Lenco was Marie's idea (derived from the surname of the couple). Reliability of the turntables and the excellent technical service were the key concepts. Thus began the reputation of the brand.
In 1961 was founded another factory, in Osimo, the Lenco Italiana. Due to some sales problems, the production had to be reduced. Being a long term project, Lenco Italiana made at the beginning, mainly motors. Later, in the 1970s the italien factory started to produce turntables and cassettes decks.