SM7dB Dynamic Vocal Microphone with Built-In Preamp
Product Code: SHSM7dB
The SM7dB is a cardioid dynamic microphone with a Shure-designed built-in preamp providing up to +28 dB of low-noise,
flat, transparent gain ideal for lower-output interfaces and simplified audio chains. Delivers warm and smooth audio for vocal
and studio applications. Preamp bypass switch, adjustable bass roll-off and presence boost, electromagnetic hum shielding,
internal shock mounting, and external windscreen ensure clear and consistent audio reproduction.
• Built-in active preamp providing either +18dB or +28dB of extra gain delivers levels suitable for any interface.
• Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech.
• Preamp bypass switch to revert to original SM7B performance.
• Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) EQ switch controls.
• Superior rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by
• Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission.
• Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close- up
vocals or narration.
• Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position.
• Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and
minimum coloration of off-axis sound.
• Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability.
Type Dynamic (moving coil)
Polar Pattern Cardioid
Frequency Response 50 Hz to 20 kHz
Output Impendance 150 Ω in Bypass Mode
27 Ω in Preamp Mode
(at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage)
 1 Pa=94 dB SPL
-59 dBV/Pa (1.12 mV) Flat Response Bypass Mode
-41 dBV/Pa (1.12 mV) Flat Response +18 Preamp Mode
-31 dBV/Pa (1.12 mV) Flat Response +28 Preamp Mode
Polarity relative to Pin 3 Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on Pin 2
Net Weight 837 g (1.875 lbs)
Housing Black enamel aluminum and steel case with black foam windscreen
Manuals and Downloads
Shure Incorporated is an American audio products corporation. It was founded by Sidney N. Shure in Chicago, Illinois in 1925 as a supplier of radio parts kits. The company became a consumer and professional audio-electronics manufacturer of microphones, wireless microphone systems, phonograph and...